Friday, September 3, 2010

First Day of Lehava/Opening Seminar

Although apprehensive about the entire thought of a religious year abroad in Israel, I soon found that I wasn't the only one. There ended up being quite a few people like myself that aren't quite as orthodox as we expected back in San Diego, I'm comforted by this not being the only one who doesn't daven as well as many others on this tour. On the past day, Lehava opening seminar started I've been attempting to learn 42 names of the British, Dutch and the Americans. The day began with morning davening followed by a traditional Israeli breakfast with my favorite cottage cheese and fruit. After a meeting with the madrichim and more games to learn each others names, we headed to Ne'et Kiddumim, a nature reserve outside of Jerusalem and within reach of Tel Aviv. The day at the nature reserve included an exercise in shepherding, leadership, and cisterns. It helped to see a new side of us and of Israel, it seems this is only a page in a wonderful book about to be written.

1 comment: