Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sleepless, sick and an early arrival

On Saturday night, as it notes in my last post, I couldn't sleep at all, not a wink. So Sunday was pretty boring because I stayed at home to catch up on some shuteye. Even though that attempt for a nap went poorly as well, I played games the whole day. Monday, was a day off for us that we took from work, so I went to visit the girls who are living in Netanya doing Magen David Adom, there apartments were decent they have cable and wifi which I'm jealous of, given my constant state of boredom in Lod. It was also Valentine's day on Monday, so one of the girls doing Magen David Adom in Netanya's boyfriend lives in Lod, I convinced her to come back with me to surprise him for V-day it was a success, I played Cupid a bit this year. My boyfriend took me for an ice cream and also got me a bag of all my favorite candies and chocolate bamba. Tuesday, I spent packing all my stuff and cleaning out my closet etc. in preparation for the arrival of my parents. So I had a misunderstanding as well as to their arrival date & time, me having idiotic moments, thought that my dad explained that their flight came midnight on the 15th and by the time they arrived it would be the 16th, but he meant that they were arriving midnight the 16th so then it would technically be the 17th. So what do I do, I say to everyone I'm gonna surprise my parents at the airport they won't be expecting me until the next day, it's going to be a great surprise. So I pay 65 shekel taxi to go to the airport to get there a bit early and wait, then I wait and I wait their flight arrives and no parents, alright cool. Held up in customs, I think. Maybe bags are lost, I think. Then I call my dad, asking "Where are you?" to which he answers "LA, our flight is leaving in a half hour." then it hits me of course, dad meant it was the 16th that they were flying out, duh! So I tell dad about the surprise plan (now ruined), that I thought the flight was today, I feel like an idiot and am embarrassed, he says that he's sorry and he'll make up the cab fare to me, ok no problem. I'm still hysterical whilst leaving the airport to get a taxi back to Lod, to make matters much worse, the taxi driver rips me off, I have to pay 100 shekel for the same cab that I paid 65 shekel for the way there. The best part is I'm hysterical in the back talking to my roommate and boyfriend telling them this ridiculous story of me being dumb. The taxi driver when he's dropping me off, "Why are you swimming?", like that makes sense to me, oh wait he meant crying, right, I understand, excellent english verb choice taxi driver. I do love when they mix those sorts of verbs up. That made me feel better, I try to sleep, failed attempt yet again. Wednesday, say bye to the teachers and my class at the special needs school, went back to my house to go hang out, maybe work on crocheting but just my luck this week, the Germans are sleeping, I call them, no answer, I have no purse (containing crocheting) with me because I didn't think I would need it, so I go to the boys' house to hang out to wait for them to wake up, bored out of my mind for a good few hours. My day improved though we had a good ulpan class, art class in which I finished my painting and now I'm going to be headed for the airport for "take 2" of meeting them from their flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment